Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sprinkling in Some Glam: Football Season

It's that time of the year, fall is quickly approaching and everyone in the south is excited about the new college football season! Matt and I as well as our families and many of our friends are very happy and excited to welcome the new season. And with the NFL season starting next week, I know that ours as well as many other's weekends will be devoted to football both days. I love college football and I am very interested in many games. I don't mind the NFL, but I do not get that involved in it...my husband does. With the next several weekends being football fulfilled I try to have as much fun with it as I can. I like to lightly decorate and have fun party food ready for the games. I have mentioned this before, but my team is Alabama and Matt's is Georgia Tech, so this post is a bit biased! Here are some ideas to spruce up your home and entertaining for college football season (many of them are available in your team of choice of course)!...


Fun wine charms so everyone knows which glass is theirs

I love this Alabama serving tray

Georgia Tech campus life tea towel

Super-cute University of Alabama burlap door hanger

This polka dot GA Tech magnetic notepad is great for the kitchen


Adorable paper party plates with some equally adorable napkins to go along...

Love this darling wooden Alabama wreath

I'm pretty sure Matt is going to want me to get this GA Tech welcome mat now

Pretty silver football dish which is great for any team, college of NFL

Charming little GA Tech cupcake toppers


Cornhole is always fun and entertaining for tailgating or football get togethers at home. We could use these Alabama boards along with these GA Tech bags to include both teams :)


Here are a couple of our personal GA Tech goods. We use those jersey salt+pepper shakers all season long and we get plenty of use out of the serving dish as well.


Matt is an alumnus of Georgia Tech and I am a big Alabama fan, but I am actually an alumnus of The University of South Alabama. South Alabama does have a football team now (which began in 2009) and they are in the Sun Belt Conference. I definitely root for my alma mater, but the football team is still new, so the product selection is not quite that broad yet. We were undefeated in 2009 and 2010 and we won our season opener last Thursday! Go Jags!


Happy football season!

oxox,
lauren

*Fun GA Tech wine charms, pretty Alabama serving tray, GA Tech tea towel, cute Alabama burlap door hanger, polka dot GA Tech notepad, adorable Alabama paper plates, GA Tech napkins, super-cute wooden wreath, GA Tech welcome mat, silver football dish, charming GA Tech cupcake toppers, Alabama cornhole board, GA Tech cornhole bags, South Alabama football t-shirt

2 comments:

  1. OHHHH, football... how i love thee. So glad it is that time of year again. I love dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the GA Tech cupcake toppers?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! You really add some sparkle to my day!